Steven Munroe wrote: > Jakub Jelinek wrote: > >> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 11:09:28AM -0500, Steven Munroe wrote: >> >>> 2007-03-26 Steven Munroe >>> >>> * sysdeps/powerpc/fpu/feupdateenv.c: Change mask to merge exceptions >>> from env. >>> >> Will that actually raise SIGFPE signals when exceptions are enabled? >> From my reading of POSIX that's what should happen with the >> `old' exceptions (and other arches are calling feraiseexcept that will do >> that). I didn't add a testcase for it because I'm not 100% sure about that. >> >> > hmmm not unless the SIGFPE is eanbled by the MSR FE bits. So we will > need to call __fe_nomask_env() in feupdateenv similar to what we do in > feenableexcept(). Probably should add the __fe_mask_env() call for when > the application remasks FP exceptions. This allows the hardware to run > faster when we are taking the default action. > > I will rework the patch. > Merges my patch with one from Peter Bergner to use the prctl system to eanble/disable FP exception when ever the FPSCR exeptions bits: FPSCR_VE, /* invalid operation exception enable */ FPSCR_OE, /* overflow exception enable */ FPSCR_UE, /* underflow exception enable */ FPSCR_ZE, /* zero divide exception enable */ FPSCR_XE, /* inexact exception enable */ Change from all disabled to any enabled or any eanbled to all disabled. This check was already in feenableexcept(). This patch adds the appropriate eanble/disable calls to fedisableexcept() and __feupdateenv().