I am seeing make check failures for powerpc32/powerpc64 with current CVS in check-localplt. Looks like the precipitating change went in August 6th. 2007-08-06 Roland McGrath * scripts/data/localplt-powerpc-linux-gnu.data: New file. * scripts/data/localplt-x86_64-linux-gnu.data: File renamed to ... * scripts/data/localplt-generic.data: ... here. * elf/Makefile (check-data): Get generic file if no other. ($(objpfx)check-localplt.out): Make target unconditional. Check-localplt seens to be looking for PLT entries that are locally defined. But I can find no discussion on the mlists for what exactly we are looking for or what the corrective action should be. powerpc is hiting this becuase of differences in long double handling and recent fenv changes. Also there are some difference between powerpc32 and powerpc64 due to the difference in sizeof(long) and _Unwind_Find_FDE. The attached patch elliminates the make check failures by updating scripts/data/localplt-powerpc-linux-gnu.data and adding scripts/data/localplt-powerpc64-linux-gnu.data. If this is not the appropriate corrective action, please let me know.