From: Adhemerval Zanella Netto <adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org>
To: Yash Shinde <Yash.Shinde@windriver.com>, libc-help@sourceware.org
Cc: harish.sadineni@windriver.com
Subject: Re: How to skip/disable individual test cases in glibc testsuite
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 10:13:31 -0300	[thread overview]

On 27/03/24 12:35, Yash Shinde wrote:

> On 27-03-2024 19:36, Adhemerval Zanella Netto wrote:
>> There is no straightforwards way to exclude the tests without changing
>> the sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/Makefile.  Do you know why qemu-user is
>> stuck? All tests should have a watchdog one to trigger a kill for
>> the timeout case, it would be useful to know why this is not working
>> on this particular environment.
>>
>> PS: for some reason your email went to my spam box, not sure why.
>
> Thanks for looking into it.
> What changes should be done in "sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/Makefile " to skip a test case?

You either remove or comment it out from 'tests' and/or 'tests-time64' rule.

> I checked for why qemu-user is stucked and it was found that the test case "sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/tst-scm_rights-time64.c" has some "recvmsg/sendmsg"  subprocess to the parent process.
> I guess this processes do not terminate correctly and thus there are stale qemu processes.
>
> How do I check if the watchdog works correctly and triggers a kill for timeout case(int this particular case)?

Mostly of testsuite (some old tests does not follow this unfortunately) fork
before actually executing the test, the parent process will be responsible
to watchdog the result and thus killing the process if the default timeout
expires.