On Mon, 2023-08-07 at 10:59 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote: > We could perhaps avoid the seek for read-only streams.  We are about to > close the stream anyway, so fflush does not have any useful effect > anyway.  Not sure what others think if it is worth the complexity.  On > the other hand, preserving backwards compatibility here does not appear > to be too onerous. It might be worth checking what other implementations do, perhaps if they all avoid the seek in this case then maybe glibc should too? -- bye, pabs https://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/