Dear Community, Recently, I've been delving into Makefiles to understand the idea behind the way headers are exported (installed) on the target system. There is sysdep_headers variable, which adds some files (like sys/timerfd.h, bits/shmlba.h) but also some files are exported when they are placed in the ./include/* directory (includedir variable). One example is struct_timespec.h: ./include/bits/types/struct_timespec.h -> here we just have #include to exported one ./time/bits/types/struct_timespec.h I'm wondering why all exported files are not just added to "sysdep_headers" (or any other variable)? Why do we have some indirection with "includedir" variable (and repetition of directory tree) ? Thanks in advance for the explanation. Best regards, Lukasz Majewski -- DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-59 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: lukma@denx.de