Hi Guys, I have done some patch to be able to filter lines under /etc/resolv.conf by specific uids. I had the need for my system, as I've some users that are only accessing specific network devices by uid matching routing rules. Therefore I've to select different nameservers depending on the user and added following to resolv.conf: uid+int any existing resolv line ae: uid+1000 nameserver 1.1.1.1 uid-1001 nameserver 8.8.8.8 This will be interpreted the following way: uid+ -> that config line will only be added to resolv context if the uid matches the one after the + uid- -> that config line will NOT be added resolv context if the uid matches the one after the - Further if the uid is not added to the line the behavior would be the same as it was before the patch. Would be nice if this could be included, or at least please explain why not for my understanding as I can't see any reason that would be against it I was first thinking about doing this by implementing a nss service but came to the conclusion, that would be overkill for that little config extension. -- Thanks & BR, Matthias