From: Manfred <mx2927@gmail.com>
To: libc-help@sourceware.org, libc-alpha@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Problem with atexit and _dl_fini
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 12:29:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Interesting,

In fact the link you posted is about the LSB, not specific to the
Itanium C++ ABI, and indeed it does the right thing.

As a side note, it leaves up to user code the following:
- do not register with atexit functions residing in dso's that can be
unloaded early (i.e. by dlclose() during execution, not at exit()).
- do not instantate global/static C++ objects whose type is defined in
the main program and derived from classes defined in dso's that can be
unloaded early.

Both requirements descend (implicitly?) from the C and C++ standards,
though.

I'm cross-posting to alpha, in case anyone is interested.