From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com>
To: John McCabe <john@mccabe.org.uk>, libc-help@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: New patch help...
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 10:37:43 -0500	[thread overview]

On 1/19/21 1:40 PM, John McCabe wrote:
> Also the "new committer" bit mentions about FSF copyright assignment;
> as far as I remember, I signed something when I was sending patches
> into GNU Emacs - would that still be valid?

Your current change is mechanical and changes 2 lines, and so is usually
below the limit under which we require copyright assignment. So we could
accept your changes. Note that patches go to libc-alpha for review.

Copyright assignment is per package.

To accept larger contributions to glibc we need copyright assignment to
the FSF for the changes. I would suggest a future assignment for glibc.

If you are going to want to contribute to the GNU Toolchain as a whole
then I usually recommend a larger set of packages for copyright
future assignment. We can talk about that if you like.

This is much easier these days as digital processing is more straight
forward with the FSF these days.

Start here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/plain/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future

--