* How to verify some macro is available for a specific version of GLIBC that is installed on my PC?
@ 2020-08-16 10:02 孙世龙 sunshilong
From: 孙世龙 sunshilong @ 2020-08-16 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 孙世龙 sunshilong via Libc-help

Hi, list

How can I verify some macro is available for a specific version of
GLIBC that is installed on my PC, e.g:__MALLOC_HOOK_VOLATILE?

I would be grateful to have some help with this question.

Best regards.
Sunshilong

* Re: How to verify some macro is available for a specific version of GLIBC that is installed on my PC?
@ 2020-08-16 10:08 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2020-08-16 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 孙世龙 sunshilong via Libc-help

* 孙世龙 sunshilong via Libc-help:

> How can I verify some macro is available for a specific version of
> GLIBC that is installed on my PC, e.g:__MALLOC_HOOK_VOLATILE?

You can read the glibc source code.

__MALLOC_HOOK_VOLATILE is an internal macro and should only be used
within glibc itself.  It can go away at any time.

* Re: How to verify some macro is available for a specific version of GLIBC that is installed on my PC?
@ 2020-08-16 11:00   ` 孙世龙 sunshilong
From: 孙世龙 sunshilong @ 2020-08-16 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Weimer; +Cc: 孙世龙 sunshilong via Libc-help

Thank you for your clarification.

>You can read the glibc source code.
No other methods? Maybe it's meaningful(or faster) when verifying when
a specific macro is first introduced then reading each version source
code.

>__MALLOC_HOOK_VOLATILE is an internal macro and should only be used
>within glibc itself.  It can go away at any time.
Do you indicate that the said macro could not be found in the headers of GLIBC?

Best Regards
Sunshilong

@ 2020-08-16 11:18     ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2020-08-16 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 孙世龙 sunshilong
  Cc: 孙世龙 sunshilong via Libc-help

* 孙世龙 sunshilong:

> Thank you for your clarification.
>
>>You can read the glibc source code.

> No other methods? Maybe it's meaningful(or faster) when verifying when
> a specific macro is first introduced then reading each version source
> code.

The Linux man-pages project provides this information in some special
cases.  But I do not know a source of this information for the general
case.

>>__MALLOC_HOOK_VOLATILE is an internal macro and should only be used
>>within glibc itself.  It can go away at any time.

> Do you indicate that the said macro could not be found in the
> headers of GLIBC?

Some of the headers contain internal implementation macros, identified
by two leading underscores (__).  Thet are not supposed to be used
outside of glibc, but are included in installed headers for technical
reasons.