From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org>
To: sundeep.kokkonda@gmail.com
Cc: Libc-help <libc-help@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: glibc test procedure needed
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 09:42:53 -0300	[thread overview]

> On 5 Jul 2022, at 03:09, sundeep.kokkonda--- via Libc-alpha <libc-alpha@sourceware.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> I need some info on glibc testing.
>

> In the Yocto project we're updating glibc frequently and so we need to
> ensure the updated glibc is not introduced any issues, by performing the
> testing.
>
> Can you let me know how can I test glibc? Is there any standardized test
> procedure available to do full test/regression test?

The usual ‘make check’ should cover all the required testing, you might
need to use ‘run-built-tests=yes’ additional directive if you are
cross-compiling to force the make to issues the built tests (for instance
on architecture that support multiple ABI, like x86, or to force the
use of some emulation like qemu-user).

We are still fixing up some clunky tests and there are some broken
environment (for instance broken syscall filtering) where some tests
might advertise a failure.