Hi Florian, Thanks a lot for replying. I need to do remote stack tracing , for which I am using libunwind-ptrace . The problem is it does not work on VDSOs . It treats VDSO memory mapping entry in /proc//maps as a file and tries to open it and subsequently fails. I tried mailing in libunwind-dev, but it seemed dormant . I need a library which works on both arm and x86_64 , do you think elfutils would be a good option ? Thanks in Advance, -Abhijit On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 2:50 PM Florian Weimer wrote: > * Abhijit Ray Chaudhury via Libc-help: > > > Hi, > > Libunwind supports remote process backtracing through libunwind-ptrace ( > > https://www.nongnu.org/libunwind/man/libunwind-ptrace(3).html ). Does > glibc > > also support remote process backtracing ? > > For current architectures, glibc does not supply an implementation of > stack unwinding/backtrace generatio. We use libgcc_s for that (via the > unwind-link facility in glibc). There's no remote backtracing support > in libgcc_s. > > There's a remote backtrace implementation in elfutils, which probably > has a greater affinity with the GNU toolchain on Linux (compared to > libunwind). > > Thanks, > Florian > >