Hi, I have a question. Say I wanted to override the `write()` system call in an application so that when I compile and link it, my version of `write()` is called by both the application program as well as by GNU libc, for instance, from puts or printf. To what extent is this supported? I'm aware of the following options: - (a) link statically. In this case, if I provide a strong definition of `write()`, the application will pick it up. GNU libc, otoh, uses `__write()` Overriding `__write` with a strong definition works and gets libc to call my __write. - (b) link dynamically and use `LD_PRELOAD`. In this case, I can get the application to call my `write`, but libc will continue to call `__write`; I believe; I haven't tried if I can provide a __write and have libc pick up on it since (I thought) that libc resolves these symbols internally or from a dynamic library on its link chain. In any event, my question is: is there a sanctioned or semi-sanctioned way to override system calls for both the static and dynamic linking process? - Godmar