* regexec pattern matching
@ 2018-11-02  8:59 Anand Akhare
From: Anand Akhare @ 2018-11-02  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-help

Hello,
     regexec matching pattern against buffer throughout complete length
and skips for those that doesn't match until match is found.
Is it possible to get match for first character and if match fails, it
returns fail rather than going forward to next characters.
In summary, only start of buffer should b considered for match.

Regards,
Anand

* Re: regexec pattern matching
@ 2018-12-04 14:54 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2018-12-04 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anand Akhare; +Cc: libc-help

* Anand Akhare:

> Hello,
>      regexec matching pattern against buffer throughout complete length
> and skips for those that doesn't match until match is found.
> Is it possible to get match for first character and if match fails, it
> returns fail rather than going forward to next characters.
> In summary, only start of buffer should b considered for match.

I think glibc's non-POSIX matching interfaces (re_search etc.) support
this via the range argument, but I have not tired this.

Thanks,
Florian