* LD_AUDIT shared object using multiple object files
@ 2022-05-01  2:16 Farid Zakaria
From: Farid Zakaria @ 2022-05-01  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Libc-help

Hello!

I am trying to write a small problem to leverage the rtld audit[1] API
however I am running into an issue I am not sure I understand.

When I have restricted my program to a single object file (compilation
unit), everything works _peachy_. I am able to set LD_AUDIT
accordingly and things work as I expect.

I then try to refactor my code into smaller object files (trying to be
a good code citizen), but then the solution stopped working.

I am greeted with some "unresolved symbol" messages for the new
compilation units.

Is there a way around this?

PS: I also built a binary and verified that everything works
correctly, since my main() runs successfully, so my code structure is
sound as far as I can tell.

[1] https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/rtld-audit.7.html