Do you know which tests the asan allocator performs out of the box? Or is it more about variable visbility? ________________________________ From: Florian Weimer Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2023 10:17 AM To: Roger Phillips Cc: Roger Phillips via Libc-help Subject: Re: Getting more info about a heap corruption * Roger Phillips: > Thanks for the answer! Do you mean just LD_PRELOAD libasan without > linking against it? Yes, I think this will work in at least some cases. There are other debugging memory allocators that could be used in a similar way, of course. > Regarding less optimized libc, do you know if Ubuntu produces such > versions for their packages? I don't think so. You'd have to rebuild glibc yourself with different build flags, using their build process, but you don't have to install the result. Just copy the libc-2.31.so file and LD_PRELOAD it on the target system. Note that you need to rebuild the exact same glibc version, otherwise it might not work. And you have to do the rebuild for each libc6 package update. Thanks, Florian