Hello. On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 01:35:46PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote: > > So, before the quoted change is was possible to upgrade glibc from > > source on a running system, but as of 2.34 this is no longer > > possible. > > In my experience, it has always been required to use “make install > DESTDIR=…” to update a running system, and then move the resulting > temporary tree into place with a single command. (The elimination of > symbolic links actually makes this step more reliable because there > are no older glibc .so files left behind.) It never occurred to me > that we regressed this functionality because it didn't actually work > before for me. I wasn't aware of the DESTDIR=… option, and interestingly that worked like a charm. Problem solved for me, thank you!