Apologies if I just appear a bit dim, but I've just reported a bug on the glibc documentation, so have tried to follow the instructions to also fix it, as it's relatively easy. To be honest though, I've not used git in much depth really, so I'm slightly lost and wonder if you could advise me. Attached is the patch I've generated, based on master; I feel that there is probably something missing but I'm not totally sure. If you could let me know, that would be useful. Also the "new committer" bit mentions about FSF copyright assignment; as far as I remember, I signed something when I was sending patches into GNU Emacs - would that still be valid? Many thanks. John