Thanks Florian, I can confirm that it was kind of a typo. The reason behind it being that old Greek is using E/e as a transliteration and that's the source of that inconsistency. We want to use modern Greek transliteration so it should be I/i everywhere. I have submitted a a corrected version of the patch (v2). Bests, Diego ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ On Friday, November 8, 2019 9:59 PM, Florian Weimer wrote: > * Diego Kobylkin: > > > Yes, I have received an explicit suggestion to drop the Tonos, (it showing > > that the vowel is a monophthong, not diphthong?). I assume it doesn't alter > > the pronunciation. Unfortunately the Expert didn't want to be explicitly > > referenced so included here on BCC. > > > > Ich hätte da noch einen "Änderungswunsch": ich würde > > > TONOS (Akzent) und DIALYTIKA (zeigt, dass Vokal nicht Teil eines > > > Zwielautes ist) gar nicht wiedergeben. Also: > > > 0388 Έ: E (nicht E`) GREEK CAPITAL LETTER EPSILON WITH TONOS 0389 Ή: E (nicht E`) GREEK CAPITAL LETTER ETA WITH TONOS > > > 03CB ϋ: y (nicht y`) GREEK SMALL LETTER UPSILON WITH DIALYTIKA 03CD ύ: y (nicht y`) GREEK SMALL LETTER UPSILON WITH TONOS > > > ... > > Sorry, my question was more about the translation to i, not about > dropping the tonos.