public inbox for libc-ports@sourceware.org
* "linux-generic" and "tile" support committed to libc-ports
@ 2011-12-04  2:42 Chris Metcalf
From: Chris Metcalf @ 2011-12-04  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GLIBC Devel, libc-ports

I just pushed the "ports" support for linux-generic and tile up to the git
repository; it's in these directories:

  sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/generic
  sysdeps/tile
  sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/tile

Earlier this evening I mailed out the remaining patches that are needed
from the core libc so it will build for tile.  They are:

- elf/elf.h to support tile
- hidden symbol for epoll_pwait() to avoid PLT
- __NR_openat support in not-cancel.h
- bugfix in scripts/firstversions.awk

Since we build with -Os at Tilera, it would be nice if the proposed patch
for faccessat() were taken as well.

In addition, config.guess/config.sub need to be synced up from gnulib
(2011-06-03 or newer).

Many thanks to those who have worked with me to get the code suitable for
committing, particularly Joseph Myers and Roland McGrath.

--
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.
http://www.tilera.com

* Re: "linux-generic" and "tile" support committed to libc-ports
@ 2011-12-04 15:43 ` Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2011-12-04 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Metcalf; +Cc: libc-ports

You appear to have added a file
"sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/tile/bits/mman.h~", with trailing "~", that
presumably is not as intended.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

* Re: "linux-generic" and "tile" support committed to libc-ports
@ 2011-12-04 16:16   ` Chris Metcalf
From: Chris Metcalf @ 2011-12-04 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph S. Myers; +Cc: libc-ports

On 12/4/2011 10:43 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> You appear to have added a file
> "sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/tile/bits/mman.h~", with trailing "~", that
> presumably is not as intended.

Thanks, good catch.  Considering I created the whole d*mn directory from
scratch programmatically before I committed it, I'm not sure how that got
in there.  Removed.

--
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.
http://www.tilera.com