On Fri, 17 May 2013, Roland McGrath wrote: > > No, tested with normal testsuite runs. I don't expect everything to be > > unchanged, given that various objects were previously linked > > unconditionally with ld.so and after the patch have a --as-needed link > > with ld.so (so some may not end up with a dependency on ld.so after all). > > I'd like to see at least verification that no actual code changed, and > diffs of readelf -d output where it changed. With the revised patch I'm currently testing, for an x86_64 build, the .so files that change are libSegFault, libanl, libmemusage, libnss_db, libpcprofile and librt. For libanl, libmemusage and libnss_db, there are no code changes and the only changes in readelf -d output are a reordering of DT_NEEDED entries. For the others, an ld.so dependency disappears. This reduces the size of the dynamic section. Lots of offsets change in code, probably as a result of this, making comparisons hard. See attached diffs of readelf -d and objdump -d output. For an i386 build, in addition to the changes described above the DT_NEEDED entries for libm are also reordered (with, again, no code changes). -- Joseph S. Myers joseph@codesourcery.com