public inbox for libc-ports@sourceware.org
* ARM: non-NEON ARMv7 support broken?
@ 2013-11-25 10:29 Guillaume Gardet
From: Guillaume Gardet @ 2013-11-25 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-ports

Hi,

we (openSUSE ARM team) have problems with glibc 2.18 on ARMv7 boards (Mirabox and Tegra 2 tablet) which are not NEON capable. We have no problem on Beagleboard xM or pandaboard wich have NEON capable SoC.

Apparently, NEON instructions are used in glibc and lead to invalid instruction errors.

Reverting to glibc 2.17 from previous openSUSE version fixes the problems.

Is there anything we missed between 2.17 and 2.18?

Should glibc detect NEON capable CPU at run time?

Guillaume