On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 9:41 AM Florian Weimer wrote: > > * H. J. Lu: > > > Here is the updated patch with > > > > Linkers group input note sections with the same name into one output > > note section with the same name. One output note section is placed in > > one PT_NOTE segment. Since new linkers merge input .note.gnu.property > > sections into one output .note.gnu.property section, there is only > > one NT_GNU_PROPERTY_TYPE_0 note in one PT_NOTE segment with new linkers. > > Since older linkers treat input .note.gnu.property section as a generic > > note section and just concatenate all input .note.gnu.property sections > > into one output .note.gnu.property section without merging them, we may > > see multiple NT_GNU_PROPERTY_TYPE_0 notes in one PT_NOTE segment with > > older linkers. > > Thanks. This hypothesis regarding older linkers seems reasonable, and > the explanation is very clear now. The code looks okay to me. I checked it into master branch. > Would you please backport this to the 2.28 release branch as well? > I am backporting this patch to 2.28 branch. -- H.J.