public inbox for libc-stable@sourceware.org
From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
To: libc-stable@sourceware.org
Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com>
Subject: Help backporting CVE-2022-23218 / bug 28768 to 2.33 and older
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 07:57:00 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I am trying to backport commit f545ad4928fa to glibc 2.33 and older
releases. I noticed it contains a test which does not compile in such
branches due to the use of compat_symbol_reference.

I see to options to fix that in the backport:
- backport commit 36f6e408845c8 ("<shlib-compat.h>: Support
  compat_symbol_reference for _ISOMAC")
- move the test to tests-internal for older releases, just like it was
  the case for some tests before the above commit.

Which one of the two options is the best? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Aurelien