public inbox for libc-stable@sourceware.org
From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com>
To: "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv@altlinux.org>,
	Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak@lingonborough.com>
Cc: libc-stable@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [2.27 COMMITTED] NEWS: add entries for bugs 17343, 20419, 22644, 22786, 22884, 22947, 23005, 23037, 23069, 23137
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 00:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 05/11/2018 08:26 AM, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 01:02:10PM +0200, Rafal Luzynski wrote:
>> Dmitry,
>>
>> Does this batch of backported bugfixes mean that you are
>> preparing for 2.27.1 official release, maybe today?  If yes
>> then please also accept my recent patch. [1][2] It's trivial and
>> would be nice to have it backported.  I will appreciate if you
>> commit it for me since I'm out of time atm.
>
> I don't think we are going to cut releases from 2.27 branch,
> but I don't mind backporting your fix now rather than later.

There is no official point release process.

We expect the distros to sync from the release branch if they want
the latest fixes.

We only produce official minor releases e.g. 2.28, and even then
just to provide official tarballs for projects that still follow
that kind of process (it helps our logical process flow forward
in a time boxed fasion with useful names for groups of changes).

--
Cheers,
Carlos.