public inbox for libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
* Next stand-alone libffi release
@ 2009-09-28 21:26 Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2009-09-28 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss

I'd like to start planning a new libffi release for the end of
November.  The goals of this release would be:

- Apply all pending patches.
- Resync libffi/gcc repos (aph has done most of this work already!).
- Clean up testsuite results.
- Retest on all supported platforms. <= most of the work will be here

One more possible goal is to fix cross builds to *-elf targets.
Anything else we should aim for?

I'm getting quite used to git as well, and am considering moving away
from cvs.  Does anybody have experience porting cvs repo histories to git?

AG

* Re: Next stand-alone libffi release
@ 2009-09-29  4:57 ` NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2009-09-29  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Green; +Cc: libffi-discuss

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Anthony Green <green@redhat.com> wrote:
> I'd like to start planning a new libffi release for the end of November.
>  The goals of this release would be:
>
> - Apply all pending patches.
> - Resync libffi/gcc repos (aph has done most of this work already!).
> - Clean up testsuite results.
> - Retest on all supported platforms. <= most of the work will be here
>
> One more possible goal is to fix cross builds to *-elf targets.  Anything
> else we should aim for?
>
> I'm getting quite used to git as well, and am considering moving away from
> cvs.  Does anybody have experience porting cvs repo histories to git?
>
> AG

If possible, could you make sure that Win64 hosts work?

* Re: Next stand-alone libffi release
@ 2009-09-29  8:27   ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2009-09-29  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NightStrike; +Cc: Anthony Green, libffi-discuss

NightStrike wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Anthony Green <green@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to start planning a new libffi release for the end of November.
>>  The goals of this release would be:
>>
>> - Apply all pending patches.
>> - Resync libffi/gcc repos (aph has done most of this work already!).
>> - Clean up testsuite results.
>> - Retest on all supported platforms. <= most of the work will be here
>>
>> One more possible goal is to fix cross builds to *-elf targets.  Anything
>> else we should aim for?
>>
>> I'm getting quite used to git as well, and am considering moving away from
>> cvs.  Does anybody have experience porting cvs repo histories to git?
>
> If possible, could you make sure that Win64 hosts work?

That's up to the people who have such systems.  Anthony will make
a release candidate, and if you have a Win64 system then you'll test
on it.

Andrew.

* Re: Next stand-alone libffi release
@ 2009-09-29 15:45 ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2009-09-29 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss

Anthony Green wrote:
> I'm getting quite used to git as well, and am considering moving away
> from cvs.  Does anybody have experience porting cvs repo histories to
> git?

cvs2git seems to work pretty well:  http://github.com/atgreen/libffi

As far as I can tell all of the history and tags are maintained.   Does
anybody object to using git?   I believe there are some real advantages
to using it over cvs.

AG