On 11/13/10 8:11 AM, Anthony Green wrote: > Jacek Caban writes: > >> On 11/4/10 3:22 PM, Jacek Caban wrote: >>> Hi, >>> >>> mingw-w64 ABI has been recently changed to use nonunderscored symbol >>> names (for compatibility with MSVC). The attached patch fixes libffi >>> compilation with recent mingw-w64. For backward compatibility, I've >>> added a configure check for underscored symbols. >> I've got no response in almost a week, is there something wrong with >> this patch? > libffi is a volunteer project for me, which means that contributors > often have to be patient. I understand, I just wasn't sure if I should wait or did something wrong. > The patch looks OK to me. There's one spelling error ("sumbols"). > FWIW, I prefer libtool's autoconf macro for underscore prefix tests. It > compiles code and looks at the nm output to see if symbols are prefixed > or not. Your test uses x86 assembly code, although I realize that your > #ifdef around the config test so that it will only be run on x86 hw. I wasn't aware of the autoconf macro, it definitely make things look better. > Please resubmit with the spelling fix and a proper ChangeLog file entry > and I'll merge it in. If you switch to the portable '_' test, I'd be > even happier, but it's not necessary. Fixed patch is attached. Thanks for the review, Jacek