public inbox for libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
From: isha vishnoi <ishav@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To: libffi-discuss@sourceware.org, green@moxielogic.com
Cc: Deepak C Shetty <deepakcs@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Subject: Request to spin new release of libffi to support ppc64le arch
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:20:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

I am working on a new architecture - ppc64le (powerpc 64-bit Little
Endian) and building latest Libffi package downloaded from
ftp://sourceware.org/pub/libffi/libffi-3.0.13.tar.gz  on our ppc64le
environment.

I found that it doesn't build on ppc64le ( IBM PowerPC New Architecture
for Little Endian ) because it was generated using an outdated version
of Libtool.

We have worked with Libtool maintainer to get alpha release that
supports ppc64le platform.
For the same, stable release is expected by end of the year.

Can you please spin off a new version of your package using the alpha
Libtool release.

Libtool alpha release is available in below mention sites  :

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.4.2.418.tar.gz (1.6MB)
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.4.2.418.tar.xz (920KB)

Please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks and Regards,
Isha Vishnoi