public inbox for libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
* building/testing libffi-3.2.1
@ 2016-07-02 22:52 JohnT
From: JohnT @ 2016-07-02 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss

Hello. I needed this lib and header file for something I wanted to build,
and though my system said it was installed, the gnu build system wasn't
finding it. So I got the source, built it and installed in /usr, and still
the files weren't found. On reviewing the install, I found that the
default was to install libffi-3.2.1 stuff in a new folder under /usr/lib.
And the header files went into an include folder under that, instead of
into /user/include where the build system would look. I copied those
headers into /user/include and got my build done, but you might want to
review this to see if the nonstandard spot for installation is where  you
really want it.

Below are the test results for my build on a Dell Optiplex 790, 2nd
generation i5 processor at 2400 mhz running 32-bit Mageia 5 Linux, using
GCC 4.9.2 built for i586-mageia-linux-gnu, the default Mageia 5 GCC.

John Tellefson
Salina, KS

************        Test Results        *******************

WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
Test Run By me on Sat Jul  2 17:36:01 2016
Native configuration is i686-pc-linux-gnu

        === libffi tests ===

Schedule of variations:
    unix

Running target unix
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file for
target.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for target.
Using ../../testsuite/config/default.exp as tool-and-target-specific
interface file.
Running ../../testsuite/libffi.call/call.exp ...

        === libffi Summary ===

# of expected passes        2365

--
http://www.mozilla.org  Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, Seamonkey all-in-one, Sunbird calendar and more. Free secure open-source software for Windows, Linux, Mac OS and other operating systems