public inbox for libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
* Disable CPU detection
@ 2015-05-17  3:47 Daniel Kasak
From: Daniel Kasak @ 2015-05-17  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss

Hi all.

I'm building some libraries for distribution on Windows ( shudder ),
using a Windows 7 VM. I see that the configure script for libffi
detects my CPU ( Opteron ) and sets up CFLAGS to match. Is there an
easy way of disabling this detection so I can safely redistribute to
people who don't have Opterons? For now, I've grepped for the
offending -march entries and manually edited then out ...

Thanks :)

Dan

* Re: Disable CPU detection
@ 2015-05-17 21:15 ` Jay
From: Jay @ 2015-05-17 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kasak; +Cc: libffi-discuss

Can you set CFLAGS to empty or other at the start?
CFLAGS=... configure ...

This aspect of autoconf and such has always bothered me, as if every specific machine builds its own very specific binaries. But some amount of sniffing machine is useful.

 - Jay