public inbox for libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
* How to force the AIX build to output libffi.a instead of libffi.so?
@ 2020-12-08 16:09 Randy Geyer
From: Randy Geyer @ 2020-12-08 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss

We are attempting to upgrade libffi from 3.2.1 to 3.3. In all our past
installs we have been able to control the output name by modifying
configure to set shrext_cmds=.a under the aix[4-9]* specs:

aix[4-9]*)
  version_type=linux # correct to gnu/linux during the next big refactor
  shrext_cmds=.a
  need_lib_prefix=no

This setting no longer seems to succeed in controlling the output name.

* Re: How to force the AIX build to output libffi.a instead of libffi.so?
@ 2020-12-08 17:35 ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2020-12-08 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy Geyer; +Cc: libffi-discuss

Are you trying to build a statically linked library?   Why not configure
with --disable-shared?

AG