public inbox for libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
From: Randy Geyer <randy.geyer@gmail.com>
To: libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
Subject: How to change the name of the libffi-3.3 generated dll/lib files on windows?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 15:56:11 -0800	[thread overview]

I have successfully build a libffi-3.3 on windows using this Configure:
./configure CC="$(shell pwd)/libffi/msvcc.sh -m64" CXX="$(shell
pwd)/libffi/msvcc.sh -m64" CPP="cl -nologo -EP"
CPPFLAGS="-DFFI_BUILDING_DLL" --build=x86_64-w64-cygwin
--host=x86_64-w64-cygwin';

The libffi-7.dll and libffi-7.lib file are generated under
pwd\libffi\x86_64-w64-cygwin\.libs. libffi-7.lib has named references to
libffi-7.dll so I can't just rename the dll or our application build fails
because the libffi-7.dll references in the .lib.

Is there a way to have the libffi make produce ffi.dll and ffi.lib instead?
so that the .lib refers to ffi.dll not libffi-7.dll.

Note: I tried adding --program-transform-name='s/libffi-7/ffi/' as a
Configure parameter, but that had no effect.