public inbox for libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
* libffi-devel question
@ 2021-09-23  2:01 Costin Lixandru
From: Costin Lixandru @ 2021-09-23  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss

Hello guys,
I am looking for libffi-devel for an older system that does not have other
option (rhel6).
For unknown reasons the library is not on the Redhat web site anymore.

While I understand their reasons to not support it, we are having a very
hard time using some software that hasn't been updated in a very long time
in conjunction with Python3. Trying to install Python3 compiling from
scratch stops because of missing this library.

This libffi-devel would be very helpful and while I found the libffi in
lots of places, I could not find a trace of libffi-devel.
I am a casual programmer and I may ask a stupid question but by any chance,
could you please suggest where may I download it, or is there some
compiling option to turn the regular library into -devel?

Thanks so much in advance,
Costin

* Re: libffi-devel question
@ 2021-09-23  2:08 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2021-09-23  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Costin Lixandru; +Cc: libffi-discuss

Your best bet is to get the source SRPM for the version of libffi
installed on your system, and rebuild it with rpmbuild.  That should
produce both libffi.rpm and libffi-devel.rpm.

* Re: libffi-devel question
@ 2021-09-23  2:17   ` Costin Lixandru
From: Costin Lixandru @ 2021-09-23  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie; +Cc: libffi-discuss