On 24/10/17 19:25 +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote: >While adding the new C++17 overloads taking filesystem paths to > I noticed that ofstream uses out|trunc for the default >arguments instead of out as the stadnard says. The effect is the same, >but my preference would be to do what the standard says. Is there a >good reason for deviating from what the standard says? > >Although the out|trunc default arguments have no difference in >behaviour from just using out, the comments saying > > "Calls @c std::basic_filebuf::open(__s,__mode|out|trunc)" > >are definitely wrong. That would not be a conforming behaviour. > >Also, I think we can remove the comments saying to use c_str() as >fstreams accept std::string arguments since C++11. > >Any comments? I've removed these redundant bits from the default arguments, and from the misleading comments. Tested powerpc64le-linux, committed to trunk.