On 09/12/20 12:49 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote: >On 09/12/20 13:32 +0100, Vladimir V wrote: >>Hello. >> >>While testing with the current upstream I encountered a compilation issue. >>Although I build with "--disable-threads" flag the following error occurs: >> >>../../../../../libstdc++-v3/src/c++11/thread.cc:39:4: error: #error "No >>sleep function known for this target" >> >>Previously the check was inside the #ifdef _GLIBCXX_HAS_GTHREADS that >>prevented the error from happening (in my case with gcc v10.1), >>So I would like to ask if the thread.cc should be involved in the build if >>the threads support is configured to be disabled? > >Yes, the file is always built, but which definitions it contains >depends on what is configured for the target. > >The std::this_thread::sleep_for and std::this_thread::sleep_until >functions don't actually depend on threads at all. They just sleep. > >But that still requires target support, just different support from >threads. > >>And if it should, then can the condition be reworked to cover the described >>case? > >Yes, I'll do that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. > >I assume we can't use avr-libc's delay functions, because they depend >on the CPU clock frequency, which isn't known when we compile >libstdc++. So I'll just suppress the declarations of those functions >and remove the #error. The attached patch adds a new _GLIBCXX_NO_SLEEP configure macro which should get defined for your hosted AVR build. That should mean that std::this_thread::sleep_for is not defined, and src/c++11/thread.cc will no longer insist on some way to sleep being supported. I've only tested this on powerpc64le-linux, so please let me know if it works for you. Pushed to master.