This is an embarrassment actually, after the excellent analysis in the PR trail. We've (I've) been using the wrong sign convention for the nu parameter in comp_ellint_3 and in ellint_3 in tr1 and now std for years.  In my defence the World seems about evenly split on this with GSL, Abramowitz&Stegun (and DLMF) and Carlson (that's what actually got me here) on the +nu side, and tr1/std, boost on the other -nu side. We need to get this into 8. I'm not sure about backporting to 7.  I don't think we should change this breaking in the middle of a release series. I'll write a Mea Culpa warning about changing ellint_3, comp_ellint_3 in the release notes and in the libstdc++ pages and the tr29124 conformance page later. This builds and passes on x86-64-linux. OK for 8? Ed