On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 at 19:58, Jonathan Wakely wrote: > > > > On Tue, 11 Oct 2022, 19:38 David Edelsohn via Libstdc++, wrote: >> >> This patch seems to have broken bootstrap on AIX. It seems to assume >> methods that aren't guaranteed to be defined. > > > > It doesn't use anything that wasn't already used by that file. > > I have no idea how it ever compiled if it doesn't now, but I'll take a look. The problem was inconsistent namespace qualification. The __scoped_lock type is always present on AIX even for the single-threaded multilib, but the code wasn't referring to the correct __scoped_lock type consistently. Fixed like so. Bootstrapped on x86_64-linux with --disable-threads (I'm still waiting for the AIX build, but the symptom and cure are the same as for --disable-threads on other targets). Pushed to trunk.