On Fri, 20 May 2022 at 03:20, Hans-Peter Nilsson via Libstdc++ wrote: > > Also, how about shortening those test-suite file-paths? > They're path sort-of overlong for any git (and ChangeLog) > commit-line limit. 1/2 :-) Yes, they're silly. I like what libc++ does, i.e. name the testsuite directories after the [stable.name] tags in the standard. They have std/rand/rand.dis/rand.dist.bern/rand.dist.bern.negbin (for some reason they use "rand.dis" instead of "rand.dist" for the third component there, which is not what the standard has, https://eel.is/c++draft/rand.dist.bern.negbin shows the subclause hierarchy). That's still quite unwieldy, so we could remove the repetition and use 26_numerics/rand/dist/bernoulli/negbin/. The problem now is that it gets quite cryptic, so finding the tests for the negative_binomial_distribution is a bit harder if you don't know where to look (but git grep solves that in less than a second). > > Ok to commit (without renaming)? I'm OK with the timeout factor, but we could also solve it differently so that it doesn't take nearly 5 minutes, as in the attached patch. The testDiscreteDist function can be parametrized with the number of iterations to perform. Would you rather do that?