On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 11:38, Jonathan Wakely wrote: > On 25/03/21 08:00 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote: > >On Mar 24, 2021, Jonathan Wakely wrote: > > > >> Does vxworks provide any platform-specific source of randomness, like > >> Linux getrandom(2) or BSD arc4random(3) or Windows rand_s? If yes, we > >> should add support for that (in the next stage 1). > > > >There appears to be a randNumGenCtl syscall that appears to be relevant > >to that end, and randAdd to seed and randBytes to obtain random bytes in > >vxRandLib. I couldn't find documentation on how to use it, but there > >seems to be some code using it in openssl. Sorry, I don't know a lot > >about vxworks. > > Thanks! We could look into that in stage 1. > Maybe something like this, completely untested and not ready to commit.