On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 7:05 PM Ken Matsui wrote: > On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 9:59 AM Jason Merrill wrote: > > > > On 9/15/23 19:51, Ken Matsui via Gcc-patches wrote: > > > Now that RID_MAX has reached 255, we need to update the bit sizes of > every > > > use of the enum rid from 8 to 16 to support more keywords. > > > > Sorry to bring this up so late, but this does raise the question of > > whether we actually want to use keyword space for all these traits that > > will probably be used approximately once in a C++ translation unit. I > > wonder if it would make sense to instead use e.g. RID_TRAIT for all of > > them and use gperf to look up the specific trait from the identifier? > > > > Thank you for your review. To use gperf, we might need to duplicate > the list of all traits defined in cp-trait.def. Modifying the traits > would require us to edit two files, but would it be acceptable? > I think the gperf input could be generated from the .def with a simple script? Jason