On Wed, 27 Sept 2023 at 20:57, Jonathan Wakely wrote: > > > > On Wed, 27 Sept 2023, 18:25 Tom Tromey via Libstdc++, < libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org> wrote: >> >> >> I have fixes for most of the issues that are worth fixing (I didn't >> >> bother with line lengths -- FWIW in gdb we just run 'black' and don't >> >> worry about these details), >> >> Jonathan> I used autopep8 and committed the result as >> Jonathan> e08559271b2d797f658579ac8610dbf5e58bcfd8 so the line lengths >> Jonathan> should be OK now. >> >> Yeah, my patches are on top of that, but flake8 still complains, and I >> still see lines > 79 characters. However maybe flake8 isn't the checker >> you want to use, or maybe you have something set up for a different line >> length? > > > I don't think I have anything set up for python formatting at all, I just committed whatever autopep8 did with its default settings. It looks like adding the -a flag would have made more changes. > > If that's suboptimal, we can consider other tools, if they're reliable and easy to run. The changes made by black seem reasonable, though I prefer it with -S to disable string-normalization. It also needs an option to use 79 as the maximum line length.