public inbox for libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
* [ GSoC 2019 ] [ Phase 1 ] Project: 7 years later, On vector<bool>
@ 2019-06-27 15:12 JeanHeyd Meneide
From: JeanHeyd Meneide @ 2019-06-27 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libstdc++

Dear libstdc++,

     I have finished Phase 1 of my GSoC 2019 project.

     An in-depth, friendly writeup can be found here:
https://thephd.github.io/std-byte-me-gsoc-2019

     In accordance with my proposal, I have:

   - implemented all of P0237 - https://wg21.link/p0237
   - stretch goal met: implement const_bit_iterator as well as iterator,
   and const_bit_reference as well as bit_reference for improved handling of
   const-correctness in non-mutable ranges
   - implemented bit_view<T> (called bitset_view<T> in the proposal)
   - implemented dynamic_bitset<T> after investigating the interface
   requirements (currently, SequenceContainer is required)
   - stretch goal met: implemented a mutable, but non-resizable range
   bit_span<T>

     The code is contained in this repository here, that I will work on
submitting proper patches to libstdc++ once I finished Phase 2, which is
algorithm optimization for std::rotate, std::find, and more:
https://github.com/ThePhD/itsy_bitsy

     Do let me know if you have any questions!

     Thank you for your time, help, and patience in helping me get
bootstrapped and going with this.

Sincerely,
JeanHeyd "ThePhD" Meneide

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-06-27 15:12 UTC | newest]