As the PR points out, we removed the debug version of std::array without any period of deprecation. Although std::array contains all the actual debug checks now, removing the header breaks any code that was using that explicitly. The manual still lists doing that as supported. This restores the header, but simply defines __gnu_debug::array as an alias for std::array, and declares the alias with the deprecated attribute. The docs are updated to match. Signed-off-by: Jonathan Wakely libstdc++-v3/ChangeLog: PR libstdc++/100682 * doc/xml/manual/debug_mode.xml: Update documentation about debug capability of std::array. * doc/html/*: Regenerate. * include/debug/array: New file. Tested powerpc64le-linux. Committed to trunk. This should be backported to gcc-11 branch too, but I'll do it after the 11.2 release.