My changes for PR 101429 broke the _-replacement_assert function, because we now always just abort without printing anything. That's because I added checks for _GLIBCXX_HOSTED and _GLIBCXX_VERBOSE, but the checks are done before those get defined. This adds a new macro which is set by the sed command in include/Makefile, once the HOSTED and VERBOSE macros have been set by the configure script. libstdc++-v3/ChangeLog: PR libstdc++/102100 * include/Makefile.am (c++config.h): Define _GLIBCXX_VERBOSE_ASSERT based on configure output. * include/Makefile.in: Regenerate. * include/bits/c++config: Fix condition for verbose assertions. Tested powerpc64le-linux. Committed to trunk.