Hi, On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 13:29, Mark Wielaard wrote: > On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:30, Andrew Haley wrote: > > Mark Wielaard writes: > > > Is it documented? > > > > Yeah, right. > > :) > I admit to be guilty of not documenting my batch_run and runner script. > But a little blurb in the README wouldn't hurt. > If I promise to add something about my scripts, could you add something > about yours? At least how to invoke the thing... OK. I added the following to README: +An alternative way to compiling and running all tests is the batch_run +script. This makes it easy to run all test in one batch without worrying +wheter all tests compile and/or running them crashes or hangs the runtime. + +batch_run and the runner helper script aren't integrated with the configure +setup yet so you will have to edit them by hand to explicitly set the +COMPILER variable in batch_run and the RUNTIME variable in runner. +Optionally you can also change the KEYS setting in batch_run if you don't +want to run all tests. You can also set the variable NATIVE=true in +batch_run when you want to use gcj (without -C) in native mode. + +When a test cannot be compiled with the given COMPILER batch_run will +output FAIL: COMPILE FAILED and go on with the next test. +If the runner detects a runtime crash or timeout (runner variable +WAIT=60 seconds) it will output FAIL: CRASH or TIMEOUT. Cheers, Mark