On sön, 2004-09-19 at 23:51 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote: > Hi, > > On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 22:47, Noa Resare wrote: > > On fre, 2004-09-17 at 23:20 +0200, Noa Resare wrote: > > > So, I did some afternoon hacking and came up with this patch to mauve > > > that outputs the results from a mauve run into an xml file for easy > > > parsing. I haven't written anything that does anything with the output > > > yet but I thought I could share this with you anyway. > > > > This updated patch handles mauve output containing & < and > properly. > > It also adds Makefile.am to the changelog entry. > > > > ps. a test result diff program (that looks for regressions) in very > > rough form is available from http://resare.com/noa/testdiff > > Very nice! > > Maybe this should be written as a new XMLTestHarness class? > Although I don't really see a problem with just tagging it on the > SimpleTestHarness. Opinions anybody? Maybe that would be better. However, I don't think the current solution is horribly ugly and I'd rather use that time trying to contribute to fixing jvm bugs. I'm open to suggestions though :) > Are you sure the XML escaping is always correct? > Maybe it doesn't really matter in this case, but you might want to look > whether GNU Kawa (http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/) has something > appropriate in the gnu.xml package. I'm think escaping is correct except for the case when any of the properties used to identify a jvm in the output header or a class name contains a single quote ('). The attached patch fixes this and applies on top of my previous patch. /noa -- And the lions ate the christians and the christians burned the witches, and even I am out of explanations -- Ola Salo gpg fingerprint: F3C4 AC90 B885 FE15 344B 4D05 220B 7662 A190 6F09