public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* New test for RootPane's glassPane layout manager
@ 2005-09-19 19:53 Anthony Balkissoon
From: Anthony Balkissoon @ 2005-09-19 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

We had the wrong layout manager for our JFrame's glasspane.
I submitted the Mauve test and a patch to Classpath.
Testcase attached.

        2005-09-19  Anthony Balkissoon  <abalkiss@redhat.com>

                * gnu/testlet/javax/swing/JFrame/glassPaneLayout.java:
        New test.

        --Tony

[-- Attachment #2: glassPaneLayout.java --]
[-- Type: text/x-java, Size: 1271 bytes --]

// Tags: JDK1.2 GUI

// Copyright (C) 2004 Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org>

// This file is part of Mauve.

// Mauve is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
// it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
// the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
// any later version.

// Mauve is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
// GNU General Public License for more details.

// You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
// along with Mauve; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to
// the Free Software Foundation, 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
// Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

package gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JFrame;

import gnu.testlet.Testlet;
import gnu.testlet.TestHarness;
import javax.swing.JFrame;
import java.awt.Container;

/**
 * These tests pass with the Sun JDK 1.4.2_05 on GNU/Linux IA-32.
 */
public class glassPaneLayout implements Testlet {
    public void test(TestHarness harness) {
        JFrame f = new JFrame();
        harness.check(((Container)f.getGlassPane()).getLayout().getClass(), java.awt.FlowLayout.class);

* Re: New test for RootPane's glassPane layout manager
@ 2005-09-20  8:07 ` Thomas Zander
From: Thomas Zander @ 2005-09-20  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss; +Cc: Anthony Balkissoon

Hi, thanks for posting the test!

I noted my email in your new test :) please use your own name and the
current year for the copyright line.
I'm wondering, is the GUI tag needed here?  since you never do a show on
the JFrame I'm thinking that if you don't have a DISPLAY it might just
work anyway.  If it works, then the GUI tag is not needed.

--
Thomas Zander

* Re: New test for RootPane's glassPane layout manager
@ 2005-09-27 20:06   ` Anthony Balkissoon
From: Anthony Balkissoon @ 2005-09-27 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Zander; +Cc: mauve-discuss

Hi fixed this and a similar problem in 2 of the other test cases I
wrote.

Thanks!
--Tony