Hi, This updates the ObjectInputStream.registerValidation() test to test whether it is only called one in the deserialization tree (the this reference) and whether you can add validators at any time and whether the priority order is observed. 2005-10-12 Mark Wielaard * gnu/testlet/java/io/ObjectInputStream/registerValidation.java: Check fields and priority order. * gnu/testlet/java/io/ObjectInputStream/TestObjectInputValidation.java: Add self reference, register multiple times with different priorities, add equals(). I am currently testing a patch for GNU Classpath. David since you wrote the original test you might have seen a real world program using this feature. If so and this is a Free Software program could you let me know so I can also test my patch against that. Thanks, Mark