public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* Newsforge article on release of Java code
@ 2006-11-13 19:10 Bruce Byfield
From: Bruce Byfield @ 2006-11-13 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

I'm preparing an article on the effect of this morning's announcement
from Sun on the various free Java projects.

Would any of you have time today to make a quick comment on how the
announcement might affect the various free java projects?

I would also welcome comments on any other issues raised by the
announcement.

Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield
Burnaby, BC, Canada

* Re: Newsforge article on release of Java code
@ 2006-11-13 22:13 ` Dalibor Topic
From: Dalibor Topic @ 2006-11-13 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bbyfield; +Cc: mauve-discuss

Bruce Byfield wrote:
> I'm preparing an article on the effect of this morning's announcement
> from Sun on the various free Java projects.
>
> Would any of you have time today to make a quick comment on how the
> announcement might affect the various free java projects?
>
> I would also welcome comments on any other issues raised by the
> announcement.
>
> Thanks,

Hi Bruce,

thank you for asking for our opinions.

There are several comments from our developer blogs on
planet.classpath.org, and I hope we'll see a few more coming. If you
want to ask specific projects specific questions, their mailing lists
would be the best way to get the sort of feedback. Mauve is our rest
suite project, and as such isn't directly related to today's great
announcement.

cheers,
dalibor topic

* Re: Newsforge article on release of Java code
@ 2006-11-14  9:53   ` David Gilbert
From: David Gilbert @ 2006-11-14  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dalibor Topic; +Cc: bbyfield, mauve-discuss

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Mauve is our rest suite project, and as such isn't directly related to
> today's great announcement.
>
> cheers,
> dalibor topic

Rest suite?  I think that is a grand idea!

Regards,

Dave