public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* Benchmarks
@ 1999-02-11  6:59 Artur Biesiadowski
From: Artur Biesiadowski @ 1999-02-11  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve

I wonder if it would be right to include benchmarks inside mauve.

Mauve is designed to help in testing core lib. But in addition to just
passing JCK, I think that implementors might be interested how given
change will change speed of given class. Of course they can write small
test classes (I have done really a lot of them during tya testing).
Maybe such things can find their place inside mauve ?

I'm thinking about creating additional class type and additional tag
(benchmark). Or maybe instead of tag, we can just hardcode that class
named benchmark.java in given directory performs benchmarks. Then user
could just run something like

make 'TAGS=!java java.util.Vector' benchmark

and check results.
Details of how it should be performed - by time command, measuring
milliseconds from java program are secondary problem.

Artur

* Benchmarks
@ 1999-04-01  0:00 ` Artur Biesiadowski