public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* Interface Tests
@ 1999-01-25 16:45 Aaron M. Renn
       [not found] ` < 36AD103E.CB6DAB3F@urbanophile.com >
From: Aaron M. Renn @ 1999-01-25 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

I'm starting to write tests for java.sql.  As you are probably aware, that
package is mostly interfaces, with only a handful of small classes.  I wrote
a test case for the Connection interface.  It basically consists of
verifying that the interface constants have the correct value.  However, I
also had it implement the interface and stubbed out all the methods in order
to see if would compile.  Does this sort of check seem valueable to anyone,
or do you think I'm just wasting my time?

I checked the test in if anyone wants to look at it:
gnu/testlet/java/sql/Connection/TestJdbc10.java

--
Aaron M. Renn (arenn@urbanophile.com) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/

* Re: Interface Tests
       [not found] ` < 36AD103E.CB6DAB3F@urbanophile.com >
@ 1999-01-26  5:41   ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 1999-01-26  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arenn; +Cc: mauve-discuss

Aaron wrote:
> However, I
> also had it implement the interface and stubbed out all the methods in order
> to see if would compile.  Does this sort of check seem valueable to anyone,
> or do you think I'm just wasting my time?

I think this is a great idea.

We should really improve the build process so it can survive
individual build failures and record them as such.

AG

--
Anthony Green                                               Cygnus Solutions
                                                       Sunnyvale, California

* Interface Tests
       [not found] ` < 36AD103E.CB6DAB3F@urbanophile.com >
@ 1999-04-01  0:00 ` Aaron M. Renn